Our Members' Blogs

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

How to get rich and save your soul

By Anabelle Hazard




File:Yellow Sweater.jpg
Yellow Sweater by Howard Russell Butler (photo credit: Wikimedia Commons).



Before you read my crash-course on becoming rich, you should know that I dangled perilously on the curved tip of a C in college accounting and that my husband managed our finances after he noticed that I couldn’t balance our checkbook.   So my post is actually about saving up for your $oul's eternity and getting rich in the process.

Still with me?  Good. I should also now admit to you that the decision to write for free was borne during of a time of financial constraints for my family.  Now, my husband used to be self-employed in Las Vegas, back when the housing market was thriving and his skill was in demand for model homes and by interior designers.  When we moved to the country, he worked full time for the Benedictine Abby and his business was relegated to the occasional side.  >Since we’d both discerned God called us to invest my time in homeschooling, I didn’t think we’d ever go on our precious vacations again, a perk we enjoyed while working in the big city.

Briefly, I toyed with the idea of writing secular or Christianized novels for a broader market and publisher appeal, (because two very Orthodox Catholic novels by some unknown author making it to the New York Times bestseller list is not going to happen in my lifetime).  But the obstinacy to reject watering down what I know to be truth about the Eucharist and Our Lady was fierce.  So with foolhardy faith and trust in God’s provision, I took a deep breath and.... gave my novels away.

Continue reading at Anabelle's blog Written By the Finger of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments charitable and free of bad language. Thanks!