Have you written a blog post on Catholic spirituality that your readers loved? Has another blogger's post inspired you to grow closer to Christ? Now is the time to nominate yourself or them for a 2013 Frankie Award.
Named in honor of the great spiritual director and patron saint of journalists St. Francis de Sales, the Frankie Award recognizes the best in Catholic spiritual writing. The award winner will receive a special badge to proudly display on his or her blog, along with a $10 gift certificate to Mystic Monk Coffee. Plus, the winning post will be posted in full here at CSBN. I will promote it on social media and encourage CSBN members and our readers to do so as well.
- The author must be a Catholic whose writing never deviates from the Church in matters of faith and morals. His or her blog can focus on any topic within these guidelines.
- The article must be about Catholic spirituality--not politics, the liturgy, apologetics, theology, current events, etc.
- The article must have been posted on the internet between November 1, 2012 and October 31, 2013. Posts to the author's blog, guest posts, group blogs, online magazines, etc., are all eligible.
- The author must own the copyright to the piece and agree to have it posted in full at CSBN should he or she win.
- The author must agree to post the Frankie Award badge on the sidebar of his or her site for at least one month, beginning 10 days after the contest ends if not sooner.
- All authors or nominators agree to visit and read each of the posts nominated. I have no way to check that you did this, so you are on your honor.
- Entrees close on November 15, 2013 at midnight PST.
- You may nominate your own post or another person's. All the above rules apply to either option.
- I and my immediate family are ineligible to enter.
How to Enter
- Like the Facebook page of Catholic Spirituality Blogs Network, sign up for email alerts, or follow me on Twitter.
- Send the link by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, and the author's name and website address. Use the subject line "Frankie."
A few days ago, I was thinking that if St. Francis de Sales lived in our age, he would almost certainly be blogging. The badge is perfect (handsome; striking), and I love the name "The Frankie Award." Live + Jesus!ReplyDelete
Perhaps some of today's saints are bloggers--I never thought of that before! I'd love to be able to say, "St. ___ was the first winner of the Frankie Award." But now that I've intimidated all the people who were thinking of entering, I'll just remind them that we're all supposed to be saints.Delete
I would love to enter, Connie, but I just don't feel comfortable agreeing to visit and read all other posts entered in the contest. That could be a huge time commitment. :( If you decide to have the contest again, here's hoping you waive that requirement!ReplyDelete
Karee, thanks for at least considering entering. Maybe you're picturing 200 entries. I was expecting more like 20. Certainly if there's a huge number it would be an unreasonable requirement. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'd just like people to actually read the posts before they vote, so that they're not just voting for their friends, without regard to the quality of the posts. If there is a large number of nominees, maybe I'll extend the voting period.Delete
Oh, I didn't read all the way through to the voting requirements. Asking everybody to read the posts makes sense now!Delete
Connie, I just tried to send to the address above and it bounced. I suspect there's an "i" missing in email@example.com but you might want to double-check it.ReplyDelete
Edited to add: my Capcha code is 666 EpiedMe, which leaves me a bit worried...
LOL on the Capcha. Thanks for the heads up on my typo. I will change it right away. (I've been out of town--which means computer-free, since I don't own a mobile device.)Delete
Thanks. My submission didn't bounce the second time, so I hope it made it there. Also, thanks for following me on Twitter.Delete
Aack! I have one I'd enter but I wrote it in 2011 IIRC.ReplyDelete
Sorry, Christian. Write another one by this time next year and, God willing, you'll have another chance to enter.Delete
Connie...with so many amazing Catholic blogs out there, can we nominate more than one post? Love your "Frankie" award. Bet St. Francis de Sales is getting a big kick of of THAT! :) God bless you for all of your efforts...homeschooling all the while, no less!ReplyDelete
Patricia, great question. Since I didn't specify in the rules above, I'll say yes. But don't go overboard and nominate everything you like, or we'll never be able to read them all. :)Delete
Before I post I have to ask--is the spelling you posted for submissions firstname.lastname@example.org. correct? This is a copy & paste from your instructions. I have a sense it should be cspirituality but maybe not since it is for the submissions. ThanksReplyDelete
Larry, I just changed it. Sorry for the typo. I always have a hard time seeing lower case "i" on the computer screen.Delete
brilliant idea ConnieReplyDelete
Thanks, Melanie. I've been thinking about doing this since before I started CSBN. I hope you will enter something!Delete