Have you written a blog post on Catholic spirituality that your readers loved? Has another blogger's post inspired you to grow closer to Christ? Now is the time to nominate yourself or them for a 2013 Frankie Award.
Named in honor of the great spiritual director and patron saint of journalists St. Francis de Sales, the Frankie Award recognizes the best in Catholic spiritual writing. The award winner will receive a special badge to proudly display on his or her blog, along with a $10 gift certificate to Mystic Monk Coffee. Plus, the winning post will be posted in full here at CSBN. I will promote it on social media and encourage CSBN members and our readers to do so as well.
- The author must be a Catholic whose writing never deviates from the Church in matters of faith and morals. His or her blog can focus on any topic within these guidelines.
- The article must be about Catholic spirituality--not politics, the liturgy, apologetics, theology, current events, etc.
- The article must have been posted on the internet between November 1, 2012 and October 31, 2013. Posts to the author's blog, guest posts, group blogs, online magazines, etc., are all eligible.
- The author must own the copyright to the piece and agree to have it posted in full at CSBN should he or she win.
- The author must agree to post the Frankie Award badge on the sidebar of his or her site for at least one month, beginning 10 days after the contest ends if not sooner.
- All authors or nominators agree to visit and read each of the posts nominated. I have no way to check that you did this, so you are on your honor.
- Entrees close on November 15, 2013 at midnight PST.
- You may nominate your own post or another person's. All the above rules apply to either option.
- I and my immediate family are ineligible to enter.
How to Enter
- Like the Facebook page of Catholic Spirituality Blogs Network, sign up for email alerts, or follow me on Twitter.
- Send the link by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, and the author's name and website address. Use the subject line "Frankie."