Our Members' Blogs

Friday, December 13, 2013

Worship God with your life

By Michael Incorvia



File:Micah prophet.jpg
Micah the Prophet (photo credit: Wikimedia Commons).




God has revealed the type of worship He desires, worship carried out in how we live our life.   Worship is not only the words we pray, it is also the actions we take throughout each day.

In 1 Samuel (15:22) we learn: “Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.”  This is not to say that the God condemns sacrifices, but that the God finds obedience better.

The Prophets further echo the Lord’s desire of a life lived in obedience:

“For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God, rather than burnt offerings.” (Hosea 6:6); and

“With what shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before God on high? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my first-born for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?” He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?” (Micah 6:6-68)


Continue reading at Micheal's blog To Love and Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments charitable and free of bad language. Thanks!