Our Members' Blogs

Saturday, January 4, 2014

I met Jesus, Mary, and Joseph yesterday

By Caroline


File:Carl Rahl (attr) Herbergssuche.jpg
Joseph and Mary at the Inn by Rahl (photo credit:
Wikimedia Commons).


Homeless and Pregnant.
That was the sign she held in her hands; her blond hair blowing in the wind as if waving to me from the sidewalk of the busy neighborhood crossroad. Maybe I didn’t read it right, I thought..Maybe she’s advertising for the fast food place behind her. However, a second look as I waited at the light, confirmed what I’d first read.  The light turned green, but as I drove off I asked the Lord,
Now what? What do you want me to do?
Instantly, the grace came; probably fueled from thoughts of what I knew could happen to her if the wrong person stopped to help. As I changed lanes to make the U turn and head back around, I had two thoughts: if a report came on the news that night of a young pregnant girl kidnapped and harmed, I would be devastated and ..my law enforcement son is going to have a fit if he finds out.

My arrow prayer as I drove was,
Lord, if she’s still there, please help me to help her in Your name,

Taking only my phone, I parked the car behind the restaurant and walked over to where she stood.
Do you have a minute to chat? 
Sure, she answered.


Continue reading at Caroline's blog Bell of the Wanderer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments charitable and free of bad language. Thanks!