Our Members' Blogs

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

So when can we expect to hear Humanae Vitae preached at Sunday Masses?

By Michael Seagriff



File:Paulaudenece1977.jpg
Pope Paul VI (photo credit: Ambrosius007,
Wikimedia)


I recently read a short but interesting article written by Father Michael Orsi. It is entitled How Same-Sex Marriage Won. You can read his article here at Catholic Exchange


As I am wont to do, I simply passed it along to several social media sites with the same question I posed in today's post. That's all I did. What a stir it created.  

I did not have time to join the on-going and often troublesome discussion but did forward another relevant piece I discovered on Homiletic & Pastoral Review (HP&R), entitled Celebrating "Humanae Vitae" 45 Years Later. You can find this excellent article by the well respected editor of HP&R and Jesuit, David Vincent Melconi, S.J., by clicking here.  

Maybe I am naive but I was caught off-guard by the nature of the discussion these two articles sparked. Reading some of the comments became excruciatingly painful - a hard but valuable lesson learned by this wannabe evangelist.   


Continue reading at Michael's blog Harvesting the Fruits of Contemplation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments charitable and free of bad language. Thanks!