Our Members' Blogs

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Praying through purity

By Robert Batch




File:Hl-Antonius-1520.jpg
Antonius the Hermit by Cranach the Elder
(photo: Wikimedia Commons)



Saint Jose Maria Escriva said: “Temptation is necessary to make us realize that we are nothing in ourselves.”  Are we really nothing in ourselves? Go back to the beginning in the book of Genesis.

“In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; you are dust, and to dust you shall return.” (Gen. 3:19)  A magnificent and powerful God has created us out of dust.  So without God, we are nothing, just dust. How great is our God!  Compared to his greatness and splendor we are “nothing in ourselves”.

 In the battle with temptation, purity and chastity, it is not possible to win without knowing and accepting the grace of Jesus Christ. Remember the Lords mercy and love for us is never ending.
When I struggle with purity and chastity, my focus changes and is not on the grace and power of the Lord. I turn away from the Lord, and I focus on how much power I have on and for myself.  The chains that I create are ones that I could not break loose on my own. Rather, I need to re-direct my actions and thoughts, to glorify God.


Continue reading at Robert's blog Love is Calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments charitable and free of bad language. Thanks!