Our Members' Blogs

Monday, March 17, 2014

The unholy mirror

By Mary N. 


File:Jean-Baptiste Greuze - The Broken Mirror - WGA10658.jpg
The Broken Mirror by Greuze (Wikimedia Commons)



When I write about healing in my posts I am usually talking about spiritual healing. Physical healing is wonderful but many times it's simply the byproduct of a much deeper inner healing. Sometimes we block God's healing - in my own life one of the greatest stumbling blocks to healing was and is myself. As this stumbling block is moved out of the way the spiritual healing my soul needs has sped up.

One of the more common stumbling blocks to healing is self-hatred. The wrong kind of self-hatred. We aren't talking about the self-hatred the saints speak about here that's aimed at the false self. We're talking about a very real hatred/dislike of oneself. And it comes about through looking at yourself in an unholy mirror.

What is this unholy mirror?


Continue reading at Mary's blog The Beautiful Gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments charitable and free of bad language. Thanks!