Our Members' Blogs

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

An adventure called conversion

By Shannon McCarthy
 


File:Delaroche Pilgrims in Rome.jpg
Pilgrims in Rome by Delaroche (Wikimedia Commons).



Most of you probably accidentally stumbled upon this today, but I am so excited to welcome you to the adventure that is constant conversion.

So- let’s talk about conversion!

I always thought that conversion was this big St. Paul Moment- get knocked off your horse, and a booming voice descends from the heavens saying “Saul, what are you doing?!” (a loose translation really). Sometimes, I wait for that moment. I wonder why I can’t hear God calling me and kicking my butt into gear.

Then I realize that while there are definitely people who get to have that big moment, our lives are meant to be a constant journey, a moving forward and a moving towards our Heavenly Father.

There will be bumps in the road. You will have major hurdles to overcome, and you will have to re-choose each and every day to take the next step on the adventure.

 As we journey week by week together, I look forward to sharing my triumphs and tribulations with you, and hope that you will be able to share yours with me also!

Check back soon for more coffee fueled rants, and if you ever have any questions at all- get in contact with me!

Verso L’alto!


Shannon is part of the blogging team at Love is Calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments charitable and free of bad language. Thanks!