Our Members' Blogs

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Jesus, I trust in You

By Nancy Shuman





The rays of His Light have broken through.  Pierced aridity, shattered a hardening heart, put darkness to flight... and all with a single aspiration uttered again and again. 

"Jesus, I trust in You." 

It is, perhaps, my favorite aspiration; its every word is filled with power.  I said I would let you know how my distracted attempts at prayer were going, and I'm happy to report that I have, in some ways, been praying unaware.  This morning I realized how automatically my heart turns to Our Lord in the midst of everyday life, often without a conscious decision on my part.  I don't think it's a coincidence that this awareness broke through on Mercy Sunday.
 

Continue reading at Nancy' Blog The Cloistered Heart.

2 comments:

Please keep your comments charitable and free of bad language. Thanks!