Our Members' Blogs

Monday, October 13, 2014

7 Advantageous reasons to wait upon the Lord

By Elizabeth Reardon




First, let’s admit that very few of us, including myself, ever truly want to wait for anything. We search desperately for the shortest line at the store, GPS the quickest route to our destination, and watch with noses pressed against the oven for the cupcakes to be ready. Oh, who am I kidding , we drive by the nearest bakery or donut shop and wha-la it’s ready! While our patience for waiting has various limits, there is usually a point to where we cry out, (paraphrasing here), “You have got to be kidding me!” Yet, God has given us so many numerous, and advantageous reasons why we should do just that…wait…and trust upon the Lord.  

Here are my top 7 that highlighted the week!
1. “The LORD is good to those who trust in him, to the one that seeks him” Lamentations 3:25
 While my mornings begin in seeking God through prayer, and reflection..there are ample detours and the need to trust God throughout the day. Not the least of which are in actuality, real roadblocks, that this summer lead me away from the way home through a busy touristy area. This adds an unpredictability to the completion of my errands and, as I was discovering, a heaping tablespoon of frustration. Prompting me to ask myself, what could I be doing instead? TRUST. Be aware that God is there too, in my impatience, in this busy world around me. Now, as I close my eyes I can see the smile given by the young couple in beaconing them across the street, and feel the breeze off the ocean. I can hear the questioning voices of the kids on summer vacation with their parents..and God telling me that this too is a part of the day He has for me.

Read the other six at Elizabeth's blog Theologyisaverb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments charitable and free of bad language. Thanks!